Sunday, November 30, 2008

With Thanksgiving

I guess I waited till the last day of November to make my 'thankful list' but I say it still counts. Here's my top 20, not necessarily in order.

1. Justin, for loving me for who I am but always encouraging me to be more than I think I can be

2. Eli, for bringing joy to my life every time I look at him

3. Family, for always being there for us and loving us unconditionally

4. Friends, for being there when our family can't be, for laughing with us, for understanding when we can only manage a brief meeting/phone call/email

5. Knowing that God has my path laid before me, will never fail me, has a better plan for my life than I could ever dream of

6. Security and safety

7. Good jobs

8. The freedom and ability to learn new things, often with just a click of a mouse

9. Generosity of others, and particularly our friends who have given us not one, not two, but three carseats

10. WeightWatchers for being so simple to follow with so many resources that my journey this year has been an easy and often fun one

11. Our health

12. The bumper sticker I saw yesterday that said "Its okay to say Merry Christmas"

13. Our three branch government

14. The joy of scrapbooking

15. Support and compassion of our congregation at PBC

16. The phone conversation I had with my almost-6 year old nephew this week

17. Sweet potato casserole and cranberry sauce (why are these only holiday foods???)

18. The teachers I had growing up, a couple of which I can still hear guiding me through life at 30 years old

19. Eli's 4 hour nap today that allowed me to paint my toenails and scrap a few pages

20. Precious time to ponder the joy of Christmas and anticipate celebrating my Savior's birth

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with those that you love, and look forward to a very Merry Christmas centered on the true reason for our Christmas season.

1 comment:

aimee said...

What a great list! Hope you had a good one!