Monday, November 17, 2008

Boy Scout Popcorn

I've found that trying to blog every day in a given month (I know, I'm failing, but still trying to get most days) has made me scramble for topics. I do have things to say such as what I've done today or what new things Eli is doing or what Justin and I talked about over dinner, but I suspect those might emit a yawn from you.

So, I'll share a little happening that occurred. Two years ago, a cute little Cub Scout came to our door selling popcorn. Justin being the Eagle Scout and all around nice guy he is, ordered a good amount of popcorn and gave the kid a check. We never heard from him again, but the check sure was cashed. I would like to think that there was just an oversight, that they truly couldn't reconcile why they had an extra order of popcorn and weren't trying to take our money.

Fast forward two years. A different cute little Cub Scout came to the door a couple of weeks ago with the same goal. Justin answered the door again, and when all was said and done he had ordered a huge tin of three bags of flavored popcorn and gave the kid a check. I shook my head as I would have saved payment this time until the goods were delivered, but oh, well. I didn't ask any questions really, until the popcorn was delivered by the very cute kid a few days ago and I asked Justin what kind he had bought. Yeah. Two bags of Cheddar and one bag of White Cheddar. Seriously. They sell plain, buttered, caramel, chocolate, anything you can dream of, and we get three bags of fake-cheese powder dusted popcorn.

Well, this is good news for me on WeightWatchers. There is absolutely no temptation whatsoever to sneak a few bites of Justin's popcorn while he is at work. I'll just continue with my 98% fat free mini bag and pretend its just what I was craving.

2 comments:

aimee said...

I can't believe a Cub Scout didn't deliver your popcorn!

I have to admit I love the cheese. But I really love the chocolate.

Viki said...

Yeah, I'd be irritated about the popcorn, too...

I like the 99% fat free mini-bags. Trust me, eating light does take some getting used to (like years), but once you're there you feel SO much better. It's so worth it. :-) The richer stuff gets to you, too - too much grease and my stomach is jacked up these days...