Saturday, November 01, 2008

National Blog Posting Month

by Holly

Okay Aimee and Krista, I'm in. I guess I have it easier than you guys since Justin and I can tag team posting on our shared blog. :) Since I'm exhausted and don't have it in me to walk to the other room to get the camera, no pictures tonight. I'll just let you know what we've been up to.

Last Friday evening was Eli's daycare's fall carnival. I love fall and everything associated with it so even though he didn't know what was going on, we went. He wore his Sock Monkey costume like a pro and even left the hat/head of the monkey on! Halloween continued with Southwest Airlines' humongous Halloween celebration this Friday. Eli and I went for a few hours in the morning and took in all we could before he had had enough. Justin's entire department was in costume, as was most of the company. It really is amazing that the whole headquarters is transformed into skits, spook houses, kiddie play rooms... Well done. Gary Kelly's employee-voted costume turned out to be ZZ Top. It was nice, but I've seen better from him in the past.

Skip forward to Halloween evening itself and we dressed Eli up for the third time in Sock Monkey, strapped him in the stroller and went trick-or-treating. Now, that only entails our friends Erin and Bryan's house, and a quick stop at a neighbor's who walked out to see what Eli was dressed as, but I think that's enough trick-or-treating for a 10-month-old, seeing as he fell asleep before we were back home!

Today was spent doing random stuff. Justin took Eli to visit Grandma, Pops and Nannie and I had most of the day to myself. I weeded the flowerbeds, did some laundry, made fruit dip and then spent the afternoon at my friend Rebecca's baby shower. She is expecting her baby girl Lucy sometime before Thanksgiving. I was in charge of the food for the shower and we planned for 75 so it was a big deal. We ended up having 55, so that's not too bad. Quite a shindig for a little girl that's not even here yet! And now Eli's in bed, Justin is at a birthday/football party and I'm trying to convince myself to clean our bathroom while Eli's not going behind me 'exploring'. Or maybe I need to make sure the couch cushions stay put...

No comments: