Sunday, November 09, 2008

His and Hers Styles

(post inspired by Aimee's post on her View- see Houston's blog)

The two front rooms of our home are Justin's office and Holly's scrapbook room. Its interesting that these rooms can be so close, so open, and yet so very different. They are open as Holly's room was intended to be a formal dining room and has no doorway framed, and Justin's has French doors that we never close. They are separated by our tiled entryway.

Justin's room: is painted bright blue with 5 yellow horizontal stripes on two walls, has a modern Ikea light fixture, 3 dark stained bookshelves, two desks with computers, filing cabinet, aquarium and the requisite office clutter that goes along with such a space.

Holly's room: is still builder off-white, has a traditional chandelier, china cabinet, sewing cabinet, two desks, two scrapbook organizer carts, chair and requisite crafting clutter that goes along with such a space.

They both have snippets of Eli paraphenalia. A glimpse into our lives and styles. Here's the kicker though: I spend considerably more time in Justin's room b/c I work in here, and rarely do I make time to spend scrapping in my own sanctuary.

sigh

5 comments:

Jonathan said...

"requisite...clutter", really?

i think wives just want to use their husband's stuff...it seems inevitable :)

aimee said...

I remember your two rooms! I thought it was so cool that they were such different styles but fit your house perfectly!

H Noble said...

Um, Jonathan? I would not be choosing to spend this much time in the blue and yellow striped room just inches from the horrible, horrible aquarium, if I had a choice!

And thanks Aimee!

TheLudlows said...

I agree with Aimee. It fits you both!
Maybe you can switch rooms and paint too?

H Noble said...

I'm not painting anything by choice anytime in the near future! The reason I'm in here is b/c we both have to be hooked up to the internet, and I don't think cords across the entryway would be very pretty. :)