Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with Justin's family this year. Of course I have tons of pictures of Eli and a few of everyone else, but none of me and Justin. So it is with the scrapper, isn't it? Had some yummy food, a relaxing afternoon on the patio with gorgeous weather and an abundance of conversation. On a sidenote, I made a sugar-free pumpkin pie for myself and the couple of diabetics in the family, and the mystery is that it disappeared and we still don't know where it went! Perhaps it tasted normal enough that people wanting pumpkin didn't realize they were eating the 'special' one and licked the plate clean!


Playing on Nannie's woodpile with Pops. Look at me way up here!



Riding in the wagon with my cousin Lyric. She doesn't seem too sure about this.


Playing with Aunt Dana and Uncle Shawn. The clapping followed some serious pulling of Shawn's hair. Way to go Eli!


3 comments:

aimee said...

Eli is such a big boy now! So cute!

That is funny about your pie.

Viki said...

I've not used Splenda for baking in the past, but have wanted to try it as I purchase a lot of sugar free foods. Is the recipe you made the one for crustless pumpkin pie in an earlier post?

I agree that Eli is just too cute. I swear, I don't know how he didn't win that cutest kid contest you had him in earlier this year!

H Noble said...

Thanks guys. We think he's the cutest too, but we may be biased. ;) Oh, and Viki- the contest was by number of votes by the public and not judges, so it was merely whichever kid had the parents with the most friends willing to vote!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie is in a post a little further down the page, under the Pecan Tartlets. My grandma bakes with Splenda all the time and said she really can't tell a difference in most stuff.
Holly