Friday, November 14, 2008

Quite the Sale!

by Holly

My mom is in town visiting for a few days and I took the day off of work today to spend with her and Eli. After a slow morning of breakfast, loooong nap for Eli and finally getting our stuff together, we left the house around 11am. Lunch was at Boston Market and it was fabulous! All I can say is Sweet Potato Casserole rocks! Next up was The Container Store for a few 'necessities' in organization. Then Kohl's. And more Kohl's.

We were in Kohl's about an hour and a half before Eli lost it and was unconsolable. He'd already had two bottles and wasn't about to be distracted by toys and such. We proceeded to check out, each armed with our 15% off entire purchase coupon, and saved lots of money on our already sale-priced items. Guess what happened as we finished our transactions? Eli fell asleep in the stroller. Sooo.... I took our bags to the car and we kept shopping! About an hour later, we finished up again and checked out, again with our 15% off coupons. (they were good all day.) We again saved a lot, and were thrilled with our purchases.

After that we met Justin at our brand new Chuy's in Plano and had the best food! Mom was gracious enough to take Eli home for bedtime and Justin and I went back to Kohl's. Yes, you read that right. Justin needs a new suit and we got some toys for Eli and our nephews for Christmas. Once again, the coupon!!

To sum it up, we got great deals anyway, but those coupons were so great I decided they were bloggable. Here's to your great bargain of the weekend!

8 comments:

TreyJ said...

A new suit? I thought Justin worked for Southwest!!!! :-p

You gotta love Kohl's on sale, though.

aimee said...

That is a lot of Kohls. :)

Anonymous said...

Holly -- Connor & I hit Kohls this morning too! We have also bought Casey a suit at Kohls before - good quality, look, & price for a clothing item he does wear on a daily basis.

Christy

H Noble said...

You might find it funny, or even sad, that Mom and I had to return an item to Kohl's today that was the wrong size and ended up staying almost another hour! We may have a problem!

Anonymous said...

Okay, sorry correction - Casey does NOT wear a suit every day! That would be some teacher though if he did! :)

Christy

H Noble said...

I was wondering about that Christy! :)

Abbey said...

No worries, we are already staging the intervention! BTW, how do you keep getting the 15% off coupon?

H Noble said...

I have a Kohl's card, so I get mailers from them all the time. I keep every one, and always have one in my purse just in case! :)