Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Election

By Justin

How can you sum it up. My guy lost. My hope of a split Presidency and Congress did not happen. Now we have four years to determine if President-Elect Obama really is a genuine guy, bent on restoring hope to everyone. Or is he a left wing pawn bent on giving tax breaks and my money to others. Will he govern from the middle or slash and burn from the left. Will he really reach across the isle or will he just let Pelosi and Reed run the country from the top seat. Will he respect the Constitution and the rights laid out there-in? Or will he decide that national healthcare, paid for by you and me, really is in the 'common good' doctrine. Will he respect the lives of the unborn? Will he find a way to dig us out of this debt hole? Will he cut and run or leave with honor?

I don't know. But I know his time is limited in my head. There are mountains to climb, and as a person who didn't vote for him, he has precious little time to get his ship on track for me to vote for him in 2012.

3 comments:

TreyJ said...

Constitution? What Constitution?

Seriously, though, I think I'll reserve judgement on this guy until he shows us what he's actually going to do - but I'm not optimistic.

Guess I wasn't reserving judgement after all....

aimee said...

I liked that he mentioned in his speech about working hard to gain the support of those that didn't vote for him. I hope he really meant it.

Viki said...

Wow - I stop blogging for less than a week...and it's the week you guys blog daily. So much to catch up on!

In response to my husband, and I've said this before, I believe that if our president-elect throws out the constitution, it'll be for the common good, rather than to ignore the law and start a war. I'm ok with Robin Hooding.

Now, back to the post - I'm very hopeful. During the last couple of weeks of the campaign I was actually getting hopeful for the state of the country again, and I've been very depressed about it for some time. While there are some issues that he has a certain stand on that I know you don't agree with, I think he will reach across the middle on most others. Reading at your most recent post on the narrow gate, I think that he will not be so quick to take the easy way out the way so many others have done in tough situations.

He said it wouldn't be easy, and that we all have to work together, but he's not afraid of hard work - look at where he came from and how much harder he's had to work than most others in Washington. I daresay he's the only politician I've ever heard say that parents actually need to take a more active role in their childrens lives (i.e. his commercials that stated parents need to turn off the TV).

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm hopeful. :-)