Saturday, August 12, 2006

New Years 2007

So Holly and I have been wracking our brains over New Years plans. The joys of being married always include the inevitable switching of holidays between parents homes. Unfortunately for us our parental units live some 8 hours apart, still in the same state mind you! This causes us to spend Christmas with one set of parents and New Years with the other. With our limited time off, I just do not see any way that we will ever be able to avoid this.

Alas, I have a suggestion. It seems that getting everyone together on New Years is becoming difficult. Could we entertain a change of dates? What if we met the weekend after New Years, January 5-7th in Omaha?

Any thoughts?

9 comments:

"E" said...

I am Game with any idea, I am pretty flexible at this point of my life, I am pretty sure that if you want Scott to show up it will still have to be later than a weekend later.

"E"

TreyJ said...

A week after New Year's is good, beacuse if I'm still working at the wine shop I can't have New Year's eve off.

H Noble said...

I was thinking more the second or third weekend in January, because people may need a weekend or two to cool down before travelling again. The holidays are so busy anyway and we're adding one more thing. What do you all think?
H

Tom said...

Lannie, are we just each others buddies now?

Viki said...

I agree with later is better - keep us posted.

ArmandII said...

Well, Jelaine will be in school right after the New Year, but we can figure something out. You guys are always welcome. I was thinking the weekend of Feb 14th. I can't think of any big holidays around that time frame. What does everyone think? ;-)

Kilroy was here!

ArmandII said...

No, but seriously, I was talking to Trey about it and we were thinking since none of us really celebrate MLKjr day, but a lot of us get it off, that might be a good weekend. Oh, and even if we meet some other time, you are all welcome New Years too!

mrscoutmaster said...

Tom, maybe that means we are special?

mrscoutmaster said...

Armand I think ummmm Valentines Day might fall CLOSE to that day.lol