Monday, August 28, 2006

Messages from Armand

In all my life, I have never received so many phone calls and garbled messages from someone, yet never actually talked to them. Three times now, yes three, I have checked my phone to see ‘Missed Call’ proudly displayed on my screen. Most times than not these are from my father. In fact ‘Dad Cell’ is on my list so much that when I want to call him I simply enter into the Missed Call List and press send. Not that I am complaining. I am glad my dad and I talk as often as we do. I do wish he had better ESP and didn’t call while Holly and I are watching Big Brother on TIVO. I digress. Three times I see ‘Missed Call’. I check to see who it is and it is Armand! Cool, I don’t get to talk to Armand very often.

After I clear the missed call, I get excited to see ‘1 New Msg’! I love messages. I love messages so much that I go to great lengths to leave people messages in hopes that I get one in return. I love messages so much that if I leave you one and you don’t return it, I get ticked. I quickly hit the send button to hear the messages.

The first message was pretty clear. Armand was eating at some sort of fast food restaurant talking about Superman. I never really got the full gist, as it is hard to understand everything from the inside of a pocket. The second message was a little less clear. I think he was discussing home decorating. The final message was pure pocket.

So if you ever miss me, follow Armand’s lead. Stick your cell phone or Bluetooth headset in your pocket and dial me up! I love messages, remember?

14 comments:

H Noble said...

I guess I'll respond to that since no one else even blogged this weekend. (except Aimee- you are definitely in the lead for Star Blogger!)
You know what I think is more fun that pocket messages? Getting on an earlier flight, but still having to wait at the airport b/c your luggage is on the later flight! :)
H

TreyJ said...

Pocket messages are the best. Sometimes you hear some really interesting stuff!

Scott said...

Justin i think it is a little funny that you get ticked when someone doesn't return your message. I remember leaving messages for you serveral times and not getting called back for days at a time, if not a week later.
but yes messages are nice, dont like missed calls so much.

aimee said...

Holly, thanks for the vote of confindence! :)

I was going to respond to this message, but I am afraid I have no idea what a pocket message is. Sorry, I am so tech dumb.

H Noble said...

A- He means when you accidently call someone with your phone in your pocket (or purse) and all the receiving person hears is muffled conversation or nothing at all. He dubbed the phrase himself.
H

H Noble said...

A- He means when you accidently call someone with your phone in your pocket (or purse) and all the receiving person hears is muffled conversation or nothing at all. He dubbed the phrase himself.
H

aimee said...

Ooohhh. Got it!

Viki said...

I, too, love pocket messages - I got a great one from Trey once while he was at the Great Lakes band. :-)

Justin, you have to e-mail me your phone number again - I don't know where it is.

Also, I'm jealous of you - my mom never calls me!

H Noble said...

Scott you are so right. You can be ticked at me. You actually have the right too be. I am a bad friend. At least Armand leaves pocket messages.

J

P.S. Trey actually coined the phrase 'pocket message' above. Good one Trey!

"E" said...

Thats awesome, to bad Armand hasn't even checked out the blog. Speaking of messages I am still waiting on phone call to go eat dinner.

"E"

TreyJ said...

Justin, I think Mrs. Noble was the one to coin the phrase...but I'll take the credit! :-)

ArmandII said...

Ok, so I haven't figured out how that happens yet. I mean at least the first time. I think I had to have legitimately called you the first time and then the others were by accident. Anyway, I'll actually catch you sometime. I'm glad you enjoyed it rather than getting annoyed by it.

Kilroy was here!

Anonymous said...

I do call my daughter!

Jelaine said...

Armand sends me psuedo-pocket messages when he's at barbershop choir practices...he calls me on purpose so I can hear a song that they're singing. I love it. :)