Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Madness

By Justin

There is a saying that Albert Einstein says something like “Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. Sometimes I think this can be translated into “Work is what remains after you have survived your weekend.” While by no means did we ‘survive’ the weekend we did do a heck of a lot.

Friday night we meet some family friends in Fort Worth for supper. We ate at a really nice restaurant that has relocated from the top of the tower that was hit by the tornado. I was telling a coworker this and she commented that she might have to eat there just so she could tell her mother this story. It seems that tornados are a ‘cool’ thing up north.

Saturday morning we didn’t get to sleep in. Saturday morning sleep in is half of why I go to work. We had a close family friend pass away and her memorial service was early in the morning in Bridgeport. I hate funerals. I can have absolutely no feelings towards a person and break down crying. We left after the memorial and headed home. I was afraid ‘housewife Holly’ was going to come out, but instead I coxed her into the bed to take a nap. Man it was a nice long midday nap. We woke up a little late and rushed around to meet our friends for a concert. We drove out to Terrell, Texas to attend a southern gospel concert. We love southern gospel. We definitely eschew the age curve, but we don’t care. The concert got over around 10 and we headed to IHOP for supper. We got home real late.

Sunday we attended church, and really enjoyed the sermon. It was good to be there. After church we went to Mansfield to see my brother’s new house. It is big and nice, he wouldn’t have it any other way. It was great to spend a few quality minutes with him and his fiancé. We got home in the middle of the early evening to finish up a few easy chores and head to bed.

In summary, we traveled to Fort Worth, two hours west, one hour east and one hour south. All we needed was a border run to Oklahoma and we would have covered the compass!

Lastly, I would like to formally welcome the Maney's to Blogger! Paul and I attended Tech together and were roommates for a brief (and illegal) time. He took my place in Moosehead Mtn. when I got married. Paul's wife Sarah and Holly were at Tech at the same time and knew each other as well. Hi Paul and Sarah!!!!

4 comments:

Viki said...

I hear ya on the busy weekends - I really wanted to take a nap yesterday, but it didn't happen. Trey and I did get our little egg guys' shelf put up in the kitchen, though (see Trey's blog tomorrow for pictures!).

Glad that you were able to enjoy some of the events...

Anonymous said...

relative to most, you live in Oklahoma :) so count that you covered north as well

TreyJ said...

Sounds like a fun-filled weekend. I haven't had Saturday morning sleep in a long time, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Kind of odd that tornadoes might be considered "cool," but people who don't have to worry about them seem to think that way.

aimee said...

Wow. That is a lot of traveling. We were going to go somewhere but decided not to at the last minute. Exciting stuff I know...