Monday, February 05, 2007

An Apology, A Thank You and

by Holly

Seems we’ve been consumed by our personal lives this week and out of touch with the outside world. Sorry about the lack of comments on everyone’s blogs and the serious negligence of our own posts.

We’ve found out this week just how loved and supported we are by our family, friends and church family. I think we had an idea, but until you are the one in need, you don’t really know to what extent people will go to show you their love. Its been nice to realize that. Sorry about the generalities- not anything that needs the public eye.


Do all of you experience the yearly performance evaluation? Its that time of year for me, and although I know I do my job well, the anxiety is there nonetheless. It should be coming up in the next couple of weeks, so I’m trying to just keep plugging along and not let it preoccupy my time and mind, but its still there.

On a similar note, I came in this morning to an email informing me that I have been placed on a task that only one other person in the department has access to. Without getting into the mundane details of Medical Reviewer responsibilities, I’ll just say that this is a huge honor and makes me realize that I have done something to please my supervisor. With the nature of this responsibility, I feel sure they were looking mostly for professionalism in conduct. What a compliment!
Now if we could start off every Monday morning with that kind of lift, the week might seem a little shorter! Ha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No need to apologize Holly! That is sweet of you though.

Congrats on the honor. I am not surprised at all. And I know you will have a wonderful evaluation too.

I hope things are okay. Let me know if there is anything I can do...

aimee

Scott said...

Yes, I too have the year end evaluation, but I have to write a self evaluation first and present it to my boss. Then he takes that and aggrees of disagrees with what I've put and adds anything I forgot to put good or bad. When we give our self review we have to bring supporting documentation to support the score we give ourselves. It's kind of a neat process but it makes my boss' job easy in the review if you are good at evalutating yourself. Good luck with your evaluation I'm sure you'll do fine.

TreyJ said...

Congrats on the new responsibilities! That word looks really funny with all the "i"s in it.

We're leaving for San Antonio Tuesday but will be back Thurs. Perhaps Saturday we can get together for a little while...

mrscoutmaster said...

You will be fine with the eval. Congrats on the job.

Viki said...

I've been feeling horrible because we never called while we were in town, but don't feel as bad now. Things happen and you get distracted. I hope things are getting easier.

Good luck on the eval - mine always happens right around Christmas and this year I was the same way, really nervous despite knowing I do my job very well!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new task! It reminds me of Daniel or Joseph. God uses those who are obedient to Him and puts them in roles of responsibility.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to you guys!!

ArmandII said...

Scott, that is how our yearly evals are in the Air Force too. We have to write all these bullet statements talking about how special we are and how hard we work. The buraucracy of it comes in when every line has to have a special format and you have to resubmit it about 12 times. Oh, well, it could be much worse.

Armand II