Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lacking of a Rant

Lacking anything but cars and traffic to write about stinks. I want a new rant. Well I have plenty of rants, but most revolve around work and just wouldn’t make sense without the context. So what have we been up to?

Monday was THE ice day. We rebounded from that for a pretty mundane Tuesday. We spent the night watching The West Wing. Wednesday a mini ice day ensued. We got to come home from work, but it turned out to not be so bad. I think the meteorologists were being gun shy since they missed the last one so bad. Thursday Holly took a meal over to our friends that just had the baby and I met her and our friends at the rec center. Brian and I played racquetball. I stink to high heaven at it, but it is a very good workout. I will play racquetball for an hour, but get bored at trying to lift or run on the treadmill for an hour. Friday was a busy work day. We met some friends for dinner and I played computer games all night.

Now I am here.

Tomorrow we are going for a prolonged walk, weather permitting. Cleaning up the house a little and running some errands. Tomorrow night we are having a couple friend of ours over for dinner and games, so that should be fun. Sunday is church and relax. Next week we start it all over again.

That’s the update!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I chuckled reading your update because I have been reading through Ecclesiastes...meaningless, meaningless! It is all meangingless (or if you prefer, vanity of vanities)...and you said "Next week we start it all over again." Life can be so cyclical!

And yes...I wish to be in Lubbock for all that snow! See the cold is just not worth it unless there is snow (enough of it) to play in and enjoy.

Viki said...

I'm sure if you tried, you could find something to complain about - folks are always asking me how I'm doing, and I usually respond with an "Oh, I can't complain." They point out that I could - sure, I could, but better to be happy!

Enjoy your walk - I hope the weather holds out for you - and your weekend...

H Noble said...

The weather did not hold out- it rained all day. But we got some household chores done and enjoyed our friends coming over for dinner.

Good point Jonathan! We are not the only people in the history of this world dealing with mundane! Or the parts we choose to share with you all... ;)

H

TreyJ said...

Hillary is running for president...there's a rant for ya!