Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Social Calendar

By Justin

Holly maintains an impeccable social calendar for the family. I work to keep the family budget in check, she works to keep us socially balanced. Both tasks are exhausting work. Over the next few weeks and months we have an extensive schedule to keep.

First up is a weekend trip with the Noble FAM. Tomorrow is my Mom’s Birthday. Happy Birthday Mom, even though she doesn’t read this. Hey Dad show Mom please! Sorry I digress. For Mom’s birthday, Holly, Dad, Mom and myself are hitchin’ a ride on the best airline in the world and headed to Nashville. Ahh Nashville… It’s the heart and soul of country music. It’s the home of the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Does it get better? Well Yes, of course. Texas is always better. Come on people, we’ve been through this.

After Nashville we are headed back to West Texas for Holly’s hometown homecoming and Maize Days. Now Maize Days deserve its own blog, so I will hold off on that. I foresee a he said/she said type of blog here. It is all about perspective.

Next up we head to North Carolina to visit our GREAT friends from the South. I have been promised Carolina Bar-B-Q, and I am looking forward to it. Not long after that trip we are going camping with our Sunday school class. Fun times camping and bonding are for sure here.

So that is just a snap shot of the thousand and one things on the social calendar for the weekends. Throw in bible studies, women’s retreat, and general friend outings during the week and we are running from non-stop. Man it is fun!

Now Booking for 2007!

12 comments:

ArmandII said...

Sounds awesome! I am just starting to make enough fiends at our new church up here to have someone to hang out with. I would hang out with the folks from work more often, but the only option with them is getting "wrecked," as one of them would call it, and that is not an option for me. Oh well. :-)

Kilroy was here!

H Noble said...

That's not a good option Armand. Keep searching at church, hope you find some good friends.

Justin left out one of the really important social events we have coming up- we're going to spend a day in Canton! The crafter's paradise. Justin's really looking forward to it; I can't believe he forgot to mention it.
H

Abbey said...

H--I'm jealous about Canton. When are you going? I may need to tag along!

TreyJ said...

Carolina BBQ. Vinegar-based basting and dripping with tasty sauce. Sounds good, even though dry-rubbed BBQ is better. Tonight, though, is more German festival, so it's various grilled pork products for me! Woo hoo!

H Noble said...

I'm a little skeptical about the vinegar based sauce. We'll see. I am taking Clint some "real" sauce though! If you're reading Clint, hope this made your day!

Abbey- Canton on Sunday, October 1st. You up for it?

H

aimee said...

I have had Virginia bar-b-que (with vinegar sauce) and it is really amazing stuff. Believe me, you will love it.

aimee said...

I may make it to Maize Days too! We are going to have to hook up!

Abbey said...

I'm jealous I'm missing Maize Days! ARR. I'd love to see everyone. Justin--you will have to be careful what you say. Too many Friona people read this! Also my family helped establish the town so I've got "ins" to get you banned! :)

I'm up for Oct. 1 to Canton if you have a place for me!

H Noble said...

Justin, looks like you've got a way out of Canton, if you want it. I do kinda think you would enjoy it though.

Abbey, of course you can come!
H

Viki said...

How did I know T was going to comment on the bbq sauce? He snears at the Chicago stuff, although I happen to like it. Dry rub is amazing, but you can't have it all the time.

Armand, glad you're not getting wrecked.

J & H have fun! If you ever want to add German stuff to the calendar, you know where to visit.

Abbey said...

Sweet! I haven't done Canton in years and can't think of a better person to go with. Justin should totally come and monitor our spending!

TreyJ said...

You CAN have dry rub all the time. Good BBQ doesn't need sauce to mask anything.