Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Little Rest in the Schedule

Justin has posted about our crazy fall schedule, which is really just a continuation of our crazy summer schedule, but since the seasons are changing, so will our terminology. But I digress. I've been feeling weighed down, like I'm dragging myself through each day, just making checkmarks on the calendar of never-ending activities. I can honestly say that about 98% of the things on our calendar are things I really enjoy, but too much of a good thing can run you down too. So, I've been praying that God would give me rest in the midst of the insanity.

Here's His answer, which I did not expect at all, but are we ever really able to anticipate His actions? No, I think not. I had been invited to a new Bible study by my friend Abbey at church and was debating between quality time with her and another commitment. But I said yes and then things started happening! Our group was too big, which is always a good problem to have when you're studying God's word, so we split into two groups and the second moved to meeting at my house. This opened the door for a few more people, so I was able to invite my other Abbey (who blogs with us) and another friend, Erin. Our first official meeting was Tuesday night and I was blown away with the content of our study (strengthening your marriage) and how well everyone got along. There's five of us meeting in our group and we laughed, got teary and seemed to just click. I felt like I had been given a renewed spirit and genuinely felt rested, although I was still tired. There is a difference there, just hard to explain!

So, I hope that you all have as much fulfillment in your life as I do, and the support of a spouse that means the world to you as it does to me. Thanks for your encouragement Justin, and for your prayers. (And for wandering the streets of Allen without a wallet so we can have girl time, but that's another story!)

Holly

1 comment:

aimee said...

What a great answer to a prayer. I am glad your bible study is going well and you are connecting with new and old friends.