Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Are you serious?

Justin will be posting sometime soon about our Nashville trip, but I had to throw out a couple of items for you to ponder in the meantime.

First, we went to the grocery store a few weeks ago and there were no bananas. Seriously, not a single one, overripe, green, on the floor under the display, not a one. I could hear Dr. Seuss in my head as we looked and looked and could not find a banana anywhere. Before we made this discovery though, I was bagging a couple of tomatoes and sent Justin to pick out our bananas. When I caught up to him, he was holding an empty produce bag, pretending to place his invisible bananas in the bag. I laughed hysterically! People were staring, but it was late Sunday evening so our audience wasn't too large. (The time of day and that it was Sunday is probably the reason for this blatant omittance of my favorite fruit, but it was unacceptable nonetheless.)

Secondly, and this may be too much info for some of you, but bear with me for the humor in it. I started my monthly week of hell this morning and had to run to CVS on my break to purchase the necessary products, as I had none in my purse or desk. At the checkout, the cashier handed me my receipt, smiled and said, "Enjoy your purchase!" Are you kidding me?! Did you not just see what you sold me? Enjoy. Now that's a word I've never used to describe this occurrence.

So there you go. Just something to think about. (Trey, I have to give the cashier a couple of points for being pleasant, despite her ridiculous comment.)

Have a good day!
Holly

5 comments:

H Noble said...

The bananas were invisible?
J

H Noble said...

You and Shaman need to lay off the peace pipe!
H

TreyJ said...

Laughing hysterically at the thought of Justin picking out invisible bananas!

At least the cashier was kind. Most likely she wasn't paying any attention at all. If I'm doing cashier work, I usually say, "Have a good one," or something to that effect. I guess at a wine store saying "Enjoy your purchase," is a no-brainer, though.

aimee said...

Enjoy your purchase! HA! That is a good one!

Viki said...

I don't think I've ever gone to the store and not seen bananas, but I'll look every time now. And, yeah, what's up with enjoying the purchase?