Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Rain in the Forecast

I am not complaining about the possibility of rain. I promise. I whole heartedly welcome any and all precipitation. In fact I welcome the mere chance of rain. However the first CHANCE of rain in our forecast in a long time has come across the news like a typhoon warning.

It is true that we are in a historic drought here in North Central Texas. Some places are 30 inches below normal. Lakes are drying up. In fact the lake that provides my water is 11 feet below normal causing sever watering use restrictions. But people please it is rain.

For a brief time this morning the Dallas Morning New website’s leading story was the CHANCE of rain. On my way to work I was listening to Talk radio to get the traffic reports and they spent a full seven minutes talking about the POSSIBILITY of rain. Last night on the evening news they showed an animation sequence that was explaining how we MIGHT get some rain, then spent the rest of the cast hedging against it in case they are wrong.

So pray for rain, but please do it quietly. I am sick of hearing about the rain before it even rains or even if it does.

Next on News 8: “The Rain That Never Was” and here is Troy Duncan in the weather center to show us an animation on what went wrong.

13 comments:

Viki said...

Last weekend around here was really annoying - it rained when they said it wasn't supposed to and didn't rain when it was supposed to. Good luck on your rain.

H Noble said...

Wow, honey, I didn't realize it was getting to you this bad! By the way, if you mention to people that you listen to talk radio, they are going to think you're old! Love ya, Lannie!
H

H Noble said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ArmandII said...

Holly, You need to know that with the exception of perhaps "E", we all (the boyz) listen to talk radio. But alas, we are all getting up in years, so maybe you're right.

I live for Paul Harvey! He's the man!

Kilroy was here!

TreyJ said...

Yes, perhaps we are getting old, but I do love my talk radio!

TreyJ said...

We have a long way to go until we're old, though :-)

H Noble said...

It isn't old, it is necessary to keep from sitting in hours upon hours of traffic. Plus how else was I suppose to know that a rouge squirrel caused power outages? Watch the evening news...please.

J

H Noble said...

You guys!
I didn't know ANYONE listened to talk radio until I met Justin's dad! Y'all crack me up!
H

mrscoutmaster said...

So who seems to be in the minority here???? Hmmmm!!Maybe you need to give it a try. lol And btw I do listen to oldies radio as well. lol...

Viki said...

When I'm at work and don't have CDs to listen to, I listen to NPR, but I don't think that counts as talk radio, does it?

H Noble said...

It counts as liberal propaganda... Sorry had to say it. I am from the conservative capital of the country! We don't keep our bible belt buckle just because. I actually like NPR, but don't tell the people in my church.

H Noble said...

What's NPR?
H

Jelaine said...

National Public Radio, I think. I have to admit, when I first married Armand and found out he listened to talk radio all the time, I made fun of him, but then during my hour commute to/from work when we lived in Okarche, I realized that talk radio keeps you awake a lot better than music does. Now, all I listen to is Bott Radio Network, a christian station that airs sermons and programs like Focus On the Family all of the time. No music.