Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Misguided Isolated Thunderstorm

That is our only chance of rain for the rest of the week, or at least that is how my favorite talk radio meteorologist called it this morning. We went from a 40% chance to the possibility of a misguided isolated thunderstorm. We need a job where we can be wrong by 40%.

Just imagine if I was 40% off in my analysis of our passenger revenue. What’s $100,000,000 between friends? What if you were 40% off on hooking up with that refueling arm of the aircraft? What if you were 40% off your note while singing in the play or 40% off in your assessment of how much that high dollar bottle of scotch cost? Seriously now…

Do you realize that you do not even have to have a meteorological degree to call yourself a meteorologist? So from your Blogspot Weather center, this is Meteorologist Justin Noble, we’ll see you in the morning.

P.S. There is a chance of rain, somewhere around 40% no matter where you are…

13 comments:

H Noble said...

Sorry I am a little disgruntled, can you tell?
J

H Noble said...

That's my husband! 6 years of college and 2 Master's degrees and he's a meteorologist, with a 40% chance of knowing what he's talking about. By the way, I only pay 40% of my insurance claims correctly. Its just healthcare; does it really matter?
H

mrscoutmaster said...

Is you rate that high? Better be careful! Getting that close in you industry could get you fired!!!

H Noble said...

Ah, a cynic. Now, what's your beef with healthcare? Besides, the lady that does my quality control told me I got 100% for the last two months (a random sampling of my claims). How do you like that?
H

Viki said...

Was the isolated T-storm actually referred to on the weather report as "misguided"? That's wild

H Noble said...

It was. I was like what the crud is a 'misguided' thunderstorm? Sounds like a wayward child. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what if I only took care of my boys 40% of the time, even though I'm a stay at home mom? What is scary is that does happen too often to children.

BTW, it is raining where I am right now--Friona, TX. And no rain was in the forecast...hmmm.

H Noble said...

Aimee found the misguided thunderstorm!!!!
H

H Noble said...

Thanks Aimee! Can you please send OUR thunderstorm back, we need it.

Thanks,
Justin

Anonymous said...

You guys make me laugh!
a

TreyJ said...

In baseball, doing your job 30-35 percent of the time is considered great. And look at the money THOSE guys make! Imagine if a surgeon only needed that kind of accuracy...

mrscoutmaster said...

H.
A 100% in the eyes of the industry!!!! lol
Treyj,
Yup...Hit 300 in basebal you are a star.( miss 7/10 times). Basketball shoot 50% from the field you get paid millions as well.Footbal complete 60% of your passes you also makes millions.makes you go hmmmmm sometimes.

ArmandII said...

Ah, but that is the beauty of baseball, and perhaps why it is the American Pasttime.

Kilroy was here!