Monday, July 10, 2006

Phoenix has Mountains?

I spent the weekend in Phoenix, Arizona with a college friend and his wife. Holly had plans for the weekend, so I took the opportunity to spread my new wings with Southwest Airlines and explore my Freedom to Fly!

As I approached Phoenix from the great vacuum that is New Mexico, I noticed some mountains. Mountains in Arizona? I didn’t know they had those here. My friend had mentioned going hiking north of town in the mountains, but I thought certainly that he was just exaggerating. Nope! They have beautiful mountains there.

I had a great, albeit quick, weekend of hiking, socializing and feasting on good food and great scenery. If you ever get a chance, go to Phoenix and head north for a great time!

6 comments:

TreyJ said...

I've never been to Phoenix, but I saw snow on mountains in Flagstaff, Ariz.

H Noble said...

I seriously thought AZ was a desert wasteland...

ArmandII said...

Its freaking hot their though, isn't it? I've heard it's dryer than Texas but it is still just as hot. Speaking of hot...Nebraska is a pretty nice place to be in the summer. A hot day is low 90's, and there haven't been more than 3-4 of those in a row yet. Beats 60 straight days over 100 or whatever that was a few years ago down there.

Kilroy was here!

Jelaine said...

today, the heat index here in OKC is 106! Blah!

TreyJ said...

Chicagoans start complaining about the heat when the thermometer reads 85 degrees!

They probably think I'm weird in the winter, though, because my tolerance for cold isn't quite up to theirs.

mrscoutmaster said...

I have plans to be there nexted July for graduation. I hear there are some great places to visit if you know where to go.