Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day

by Holly

We hosted a backyard cookout for Memorial Day for some of Holly's family. My parents had been fishing the week before, so the meal consisted of grilled salmon and trout (and chicken for Justin), corn on the cob, boiled potatoes, yummy breads, cornbread salad, fruit salad and of course pie. Thanks to Mom K (my grandma) for serving up the coconut and chocolate delights!

First time using Eli's new pool, but he was more interested in watching his cousins than getting in himself. Jared's in the pool and Tyler is testing the slide. Look out!
Playing in the water makes me so hungry Mama! Eli actually slept through lunch and then when he woke up everyone was here, so he had to eat before the big meal was ready. He did love corn on the cob though and would lean towards mine with his mouth open when he was ready for a bite.

Mom K, my aunt Bobbi, my mom and Eli, who was playing peek-a-boo through the folding chair. (yes, he plays peek-a-boo with any and everything!)


And in the other corner... PawPaw, my uncle Larry, Dad, Justin, Teresa and Kelly


Nothing more precious than little boys! Jared and Tyler call Eli their 'little buddy' and are showing him all the ropes. I don't know what Jared and Eli were scheming here, but I loved it!






No comments: