Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Home, During

by Holly

Here are a few pictures of the 'during' process, some of the projects one of you mentioned not liking. :)

We had to wet the wallpaper with spraybottles and then scrape it off. Eli caught on fast and was 'spraying' for us. He doesn't quite get pulling the trigger on the spray bottle, but he was very proud of himself nonetheless. Moma and I were glad for a little distraction amid all the work!

Holly's cousin Rusty hanging one of our new light fixtures. This is the living room chandelier and is a major improvement over the one that was there! Its available for sale too, along with the aforementioned bathroom fixtures, if you're interested. If Rusty looks official, it is because he actually is an electrician. :)

This one is a little dark, but you can see the mess I had scraping wallpaper in Eli's bathroom. He came to help me out by climbing on the stepstool, one of his favorite new accomplishments.

A little blurry, but you can see my mom is painting the kitchen, after she had textured it. Don't call child labor on us- Jared begged to help do something and was thrilled when we gave him a paintbrush! I think that's my brother on the floor in the background working on the dishwasher installation. Fabulous Craig's list purchase!

And a little later on, after we'd moved in, Eli helped Daddy install smoke detectors. When he saw Justin with the tools, he rummaged through his toybox to find his John Deere toolbelt and tools. Precious!





2 comments:

Jonathan said...

i love the pic of eli and holly in the hallway "spraying" and then eli and justin with "man tools"!!

Lehmanns said...

Looks like a lot of work that I'm not sure we could have handled! I'm sure it looks great now! Can't wait to see official 'after' pictures. We miss you guys. I was thinking about you the other day. I'll probably blog about it soon.