Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My Baby is Sick

by Holly

Gone are the days when feeling sick was also a good thing because you got to stay home from school and be free! Well, I called into work today, but staying home means my heart breaking because my baby is sick, burning up with fever, horrible runny nose and just plain doesn't feel good. We have an appointment with a new pediatrician, getting established with a new doctor not being on my fun list at all.

I know Eli doesn't feel like himself by all of his symptoms, but above all of that, he just fell asleep in my lap watching cartoons and he has NEVER done that before. So, he's napping on the couch till we leave for the doctor in a little while.

Pray for his quick recovery, but more than that, for the kids who are really sick dealing with issues far beyond a summer cold. May you and your little ones all be well and full of life today!

ADDENDUM: Eli actually has two ear infections, so we've got another round of antibiotics and are giving him Motrin and Tylenol for the fever, but it could be a lot worse.

2 comments:

Lehmanns said...

So sorry he's sick. I hope he feels better soon. It's no fun being sick, especially when you're young.

TheLudlows said...

:( Feel better soon Eli!