Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Still on Wheels, but the Tread's Coming Loose...

We have made some progress in the housing situation, but actually are still in the RV park. Here's a recap of the last few days for us:

* We have emptied the Allen house of everything belonging to us, repaired the tiny things that the buyers had a problem with, and left our keys there. We are finished with it, besides the final paperwork at closing. This is set for next Monday, but hear that the buyers are pushing for Friday and we certainly won't dispute that! The great news is that we are going to handle it via email and FED Ex, so we don't have to make another trip there for it.

* An offer has been made on a home in Lubbock! We are waiting to hear the owner's response, but are excited that the wheels are turning for the next phase of our lives here to begin. We will keep you informed of the progress and of course post pictures once we actually have a home again!

* I tackled the RV Park laundry facility yesterday. I actually left work early to get the laundry done before I picked Eli up from daycare. It has been a long time since I've been in a laundromat facility where there are multiple machines. I got 3 loads of laundry done in an hour and a half and read several chapters in my book while I waited! That was just the clothes though, so depending on how my work goes today, I may tackle the remaining loads- sheets, towels, jeans. Or maybe tomorrow...

* Eli survived his first day of school here in Lubbock, and so did his Mama. We had a rough morning, but we finally got the day underway and I made it to work. His teachers said he cried a little here and there, but overall did very well for being his first day. Apparently his nickname is "Handsome" already, and that's okay. :) He didn't cry when I left him this morning and that made my morning tons better than yesterday!

* And so Tuesday commences...

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

congrats on the selling of Allen home and the offer on Lubbock home!!

aimee said...

Yay about the houses! Oh, laundry..don't you wish you could just buy new clothes? :)

H Noble said...

Laundry- I did 3 more loads this morning before coming to work and it was the best 'me' time I've had in a while. Read a back issue of Today's Christian Woman magazine and drank coffee, just me and the whirr of the machines. Peace.

Viki said...

Glad to hear the house news!

We don't have a washer/dryer in our condo, nor do we have hookups, so we have to use the laundry room on the lower level of the building. The bad part is that it does cost a little, but the good part is that I get my 4 weekly loads done in 2 hours. Makes life so much easier.

Glad Eli's doing well - he certainly deserves the nickname. :-)