Saturday, December 20, 2008

Champions


.
Congratulations to the Allen Eagle Football team on their Texas University Interscholastic League 5A Division 1 State Championship win. It was a thrilling game to watch, even if we only caught the last three minutes of the fourth quarter on TV.

We would also like to send a shout out to the Muleshoe Mules. The cross county rivals of Holly's alma mater (the Friona Chieftains) won the Texas UIL 3A Division 1 title.

High School Football in Texas, like no other!

3 comments:

TreyJ said...

I love Texas HS Football. I've never noticed the same vibe up here. The season is shorter, too, I guess because of the colder weather.

I like the Eli pictures below, and I'm jealous of his monkey cakes!

aimee said...

You just congratulated our rival? Humph.

;)

H Noble said...

Well, Aimee, in the spirit of good sportsmanship and for representing West Texas... :)