Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December Joys

These are a few of my favorite things!

Eli checking out the new Eli-proof fence around the Christmas tree. It makes me a little sad to block him from it, but then I know it won't hurt him to have boundaries. He doesn't cry though- just stands there looking over the fence and smiling. :)


I love Christmas place settings and have several sets. This is my newest collection that Justin gave me for Christmas last year. They have yet to be used! The small snowman at the left of the placemat is a pouch to place the silverware in. Now, isn't that clever! In the background you can see my small tree with the S'more ornaments that I collect, and my snowman lamps.


This is a tealight holder that I was given by my supervisor at our Christmas lunch at Benihana last Friday. The gifts were all different and we drew numbers, but I think I got the best gift there! This was also my first time at Benihana and it was wonderful. After a fabulous meal, I ended it with green tea ice cream. If you haven't tried this, please do! Its divine!


I think this is a beautiful shot, but there is a funny story to go with it. I have a huge green glass vase that I have used in the past to display pine cones or Christmas ornament balls, but I decided to use candy canes this year. Well, my ziploc bag of old candy canes didn't even fill it halfway so I purchased a couple more dozen canes. The vase still isn't full, but if you come to my house, please only eat the ones on top, the bright red ones. The ones below are 2-3 years old!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are beautiful!

I decided to put the tree up while Connor was asleep one night - then I planned on seeing what he would do with it the next morning. You know what, after all my concern, he noticed it, but has not tried once to touch it or the gifts! Weird -- he'll try to open every drawer & door in the house, but won't acknowledge the tree!?!

Christy

H Noble said...

I've heard of that happening Christy, and I'm so glad for you. I was afraid to chance it since one of his favorite things to do is to tear tape off of boxes, tear our recycling paper into tiny bits, eat package bows... you get the picture!

aimee said...

That is funny Christy. Maybe he just knows that he shouldn't touch it.

How big is that vase Holly? Wow. I like your favorite things!

Shelli said...

I collect S'more ornaments too!! Who knew?! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I was totally prepared to move the tree to a room with a door -- Connor puts EVERYTHING in his mouth, but so far, so good. Doesn't even go near the thing. I totally agree - better safe than sorry!

Christy