Friday, February 16, 2007

And your final score is........

by Holly

So my long-awaited year-end evaluation was this morning. I was nervous of course, although I know that I do my job well, but nevertheless, someone is putting a score on your livelihood for an entire year! It went really well thankfully. My supervisor is extremely nice, easy to talk to and quite funny. So she put me at ease, we took care of the business part of it, chatted for a few minutes and then…..

That’s right. We discussed my raise. Woohoo! It was a nice one, combined with many compliments and thanks for being a team player, dedicated to ethical behavior and good business sense, and best of all, an overall valued employee. So nice to hear those words!!!

I hope you have good evaluations, good bosses and good jobs. And that includes the non-money-paying type Aimee! Hug your kids and your husband and thank him for the opportunity to be there for them each day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly -
Congratuations on the evaluation. The kind words are encouraging - a raise is pretty great as well! I too am very lucky to work for the people I do at the school I do. I need to remember that more often!

Christy

Sarah said...

Congratulations Holly!

H Noble said...

Thanks Christy and Sarah! Caught me off guard that it was you two who replied- thanks for reading!
Hope you both are doing well.
Holly

Anonymous said...

Congrats Holly! How cool for you that all your hard work paid off.

And thanks for including me. I do know how lucky I am to be home with my kids and I try to thank Seth often.
aimee

Viki said...

Congrats Holly!

H Noble said...

Thank you all! Its nice to know someone recognizes hard work when our jobs seem mundane sometimes.
H

TreyJ said...

That's fantastic news!!! Congrats! Raises are nice, but sometimes a pat on the back feels even better.

ArmandII said...

Holly, that is great! That sounds nerveracking. With the downsuzing of the military a bunch of the folks I work with are having to prove thier worth through packages sent up by the commanders that hardly know them. I am not eligable yet but it could come to that.
It is especially nice though when you feel appreciated at work.

PS: New post from me finally. I'm not home, but I found out I can post from here.

A2