Monday, February 26, 2007

Why I am bad at email

By Justin

I am sorry Ethan. I am sorry Erin. I have no excuse. None.

I am horrible at email. I love receiving them. I keep them for weeks on in and read them multiple times. I just have a hard time responding. I want to have the time to put forth thoughtful responses. I want to have the time to share a piece of my life with my long distance friends. I want to have the time to make the emails flow and somewhat witty. I want to have the time to make them count.

I have the time to do these things, but it is always at 6 p.m. after work. I never seem to be in the mood to sit and compose a hello to my friends that are defending my freedoms, my friends that make me laugh and cry on the east coast, or to my friends right here in town that I never see.

So to all my friends that I never email, I am sorry. I promise the reply button is at hand and my response, thoughtful or not, is quickly behind this post.

3 comments:

ArmandII said...

I know exactly how you feel Justin. I am the same way. I think we all are. Thanks for voicing it though. I know I have people to talk to and keep up with, but I never seem to get around to it. When we do though, it is nice.

BTW, you know Scott is home for a week right? You need to get with him and "E". See ya.

Kilroy was here!

TreyJ said...

I've been bad at blogging for a week - email is even worse for me. Don't worry about it, J.

Viki said...

I was going to post something earlier this week...just goes to show how bad I am at it, too. Funny thing is, I've had people compliment me how good I am at keeping in touch, which means that some people out there are worse than I am...