Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Be Prepared

So the way I see it, we shouldn’t be caught with our pants down, EVER. With that in mind I propose the following Posse, just in case we need it.

Ethan: Since you have access to the bat phone that actually reaches California, you will initiate the posse. The last I checked the bat signal wasn’t bright enough to reach across four states, so you will start the phone chain by calling Armand. After calling Armand, grab some food and head to NAS Fort Worth.

Armand: As chief pilot, you will fuel the plane, log the flight plan, arrange for refueling in route (because that would be cool to see) and prepare to teach the posse how to sky dive in route. Next call Trey then go pick him up.

Trey: I ain’t jumping out of a plane sober. You are to run to Binny’s. Pick up a bottle of something hard and then a glass of wine. Every good posse starts with an appropriate gentleman like toast, but I will need more alcohol in my system prior to jumping. Next call Justin. Finally, head to the closest airfield for Armand to pick you up.

Justin: I will get to NAS Fort Worth for pick up by Armand and Trey. Along the way I will grab the extra underwear I will need once I jump out of the plane as well as the Google maps satellite picture of California and Scotts house. I will meet Ethan at NAS.

Finally: Armand will do his in flight “How to Sky Dive in One Easy Lesson” and fly the plane at the same time. Our respective wives will huddle and pray for our sanity. We will jump when the red light goes green (that is how it works in the movies). Armand will land the plane, avoid being arrested by the MPs for breaking some pretty serious rules and head over to Scotts house.

We will arm ourselves with imaginary swords and take to the streets of California looking for Scott. He is near a Target somewhere, I promise.

There now you can’t say we aren’t PREPARED.

Speaking of a Posse search party, anyone heard from the President?

8 comments:

TreyJ said...

What worries me is that you used the word chief as a modifier for pilot when describing Armand. That implies that there would be another pilot on board, and last I checked, nobody else in the posse is certified to operate flying machines.

Viki said...

This is awesome!

The wives will pray, and be ready with food and drink when you are finished. I can have a big pot of goulasch and some spatzle ready for you if you'd like. :-)

H Noble said...

This is hilarious! J, you said you didn't have much to do at work today, but good grief!

And you're going to have to liquor me up too if you think I'm going to let you jump out of a plane. On the other hand, why can't we just take the bat boat, like in Batman Forever? Justin's the skipper!
H

Abbey said...

Justin, you are very creative! However, you forgot about your wife's ability to drive "bat speed" to get you to the airplane on time!

H Noble said...

Very True, although since moving to Dallas I am much more the 'bat speeder' than her! Who's the anonymous?

J

Jelaine said...

That's awesome, J...as far as a second pilot, I guess I'm up for it. I have flown a glider 3 times. Oh wait, E would be much better suited. He's amazing on those flying simulator games he plays.

Abbey said...

Where are you guys? I think Allen may have fallen off the earth too! What's the plan if Justin isn't around?

ArmandII said...

DOOD!! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. But, I have to agree it is important to be prepared. And although the plan has a few kinks, I think, as a very famous military leader(I can't remember who) once said: A good plan executed now is better than a perfect plan next week. I am only sorry it took me ten days to read it.

Chief pilot/jump master was here!