Friday, October 20, 2006

Blessings

By Holly

I haven’t posted in a while because I haven’t felt like I really had anything of importance to share, but it’s a blog, so I can write anything, right? So here are some random happenings in my world these days.

I went on a Ladies Retreat with our church last weekend to Lake Texoma. The topic was Thankful for the Thorns, which is misleading, but it was an amazing experience. Our speaker is a DTS (Dallas Theological Seminary) professor in the Women’s Ministry department, Joye Baker. She shared so much from her own life and how those hard times were necessary for God’s sovereign plan in her life. She made it clear that we don’t have to be thankful for the bad stuff, but to be thankful that God is with us through the bad stuff and that He has a perfect plan for each of us. What made this so powerful is that I was with my friend Abbey M, who is pregnant with her second child who has a cleft lip and palate. She’s of course having difficulty with this on so many levels. But we came away from the weekend with a renewed sense of hope and thankfulness. What a blessing!

Tomorrow I am doing the 5K Race for the Cure Walk in Dallas with a friend from work, whose mom died of breast cancer 2 years ago and whose aunt is going through chemo now. We’re excited to be doing something, but also a little emotional too. Pray for us as we do that together.

Justin and I have realized that the last few months have been the best yet. While we’ve been busy and overcommitted, we also have enjoyed our marriage and friendship more than we ever have before. It makes each day brighter knowing you are waking up next to your best friend and coming home to them every afternoon. I love you Justin!

Okay, so this has been a serious, mushy-gushy post, but thanks for getting through it.

Hope you all are enjoying life and appreciate all of God’s blessings around you!

7 comments:

aimee said...

I am glad you have been having a blessed week! Good luck tomorrow!

Abbey said...

I'm so thankful for your great week! Tuesday really helped my mood for the rest of the week. Thanks for the listening ear and the prayers! Love ya!

H Noble said...

I love you guys too!

Have a great weekend.
H

aimee said...

Holly, you are such an encouraging friend and do truly great things for the people you care about. Thank you. I know you mean the world to many, many people.

That is what I meant to say in my first post, but just didn't have the time to write it (boys. always think they need attention. ha ha!)

Viki said...

I meant to post yesterday - hooray for you for doing the 5K! I thought of you!

TreyJ said...

Isn't it great to come home to your best friend? :-)

H Noble said...

Yes, it is!!!!
H