Tuesday, October 17, 2006

POS

by Justin

Some people have an acronym for POS, which we won’t use here in my blog. Southwest Airlines, my great employer, uses the acronym POS to stand for positively outrageous service. So here is to continuing the theme of customer service on these blogs.

Not that myself or others in the company do not slip up, but I think we are way better than average. For instance just the other day it was actually raining here in Dallas. I know, I know amazing. While snowing in Chicago it was raining in Dallas. We dang near declared a statewide holiday. I was running late for a Twin Arrows meeting and decided to run through Jack in the Box for a quick lunch. I approached the speaker for the drive thru and rolled down my window. I waited for a good 15 seconds with no reply. So I started rolling up my window a little more and more to keep out most of the rain. A full two minutes later the lady comes over the speaker to get my order. While ticked, I remained calm.

When I got to the window to get my food I waited till I had all the food and decided to let the teenager manning the drive thru know that we were getting wet waiting on her. I very politely told her that while waiting for the intercom, people were getting wet. She snapped and said well we are short staffed and I am running both inside and out so deal. SO DEAL?

I was now furious and speed away. POS, POS…she might be a P….oh why waist the words.

To top it all off I didn’t get what I ordered.

9 comments:

aimee said...

Yay, your back to blogging!!!

Sorry for the lousy service. Why are you eating at Jack in the Box anyway? I have heard nothing but bad from them. Not trying to be critical of your fast food choices or anything, sorry if it seemed that way!

TreyJ said...

Sorry, but I sort of have to side with the folks at Jack in the Box, at least a little. When you're in a customer service position and you're short-staffed, things can be really, really crazy, and it's impossible to give the level of service you want. That being said, she shouldn't have snapped at you or said "So Deal." That's annoying and immature. I hate to say this, but unfortunately you sort of have to set the bar pretty low at fast food joints these days.

H Noble said...

Tis true Trey

Aimee - Holly and I love Jack in the Box. We love thier tacos, however JITB has to be pretty low on the healthy side of fast food.

H Noble said...

Tis true Trey

Aimee - Holly and I love Jack in the Box. We love thier tacos, however JITB has to be pretty low on the healthy side of fast food.

H Noble said...

Yes, it is the bottom of the barrel nutrition-wise, but their tacos and their curly fries are yummmmmy! And they have really good Coke, which would make me eat there even if their food was bad!
H

ArmandII said...

I just remember getting their antennae jacks and bringing them to Paradise for New Years. That is really the only thing their good for. :-)

By the way, I am still alive...don't put a nonparticipative beside my name please...

Kilroy was here!

H Noble said...

Armand- no post, no participative!

J- funny how our professions shape our thinking, but my initial thought when I read POS was Point of Service, which determines how much we pay our providers on insurance claims. Ha!
H

Viki said...

I'm scared to eat at Jack in the Box because of the e-coli scare years back. We don't really have them up here so I never grew up with it and still make that association.

As for the bad service, can you call and complain? Do it anonymously so they don't think you want something free.

As for fast food service, we've come to the conclusion that Wendy's is the best! The Wendy's by our house is always fast, and the folks are always nice and smiley. :-)

TreyJ said...

Mmmmm....Jack in the Box tacos! Funny thing - I was telling a co-worker about them just yesterday. She was eating a Burger King taco, which kinda resembled a Jack in the Box one, but not quite the same, I'm sure. I want a Jack in the Box!!!!