Saturday, May 13, 2006

Living with Justin

So I'm hearing that you want to know what living with Justin is like. That's a very interesting inquiry, as it just seems like normal life to me now. Hmmm... Perhaps a look into Justin doing chores will enlighten you.
Justin has taken it upon himself to clean the litter box once a week. I would love him forever for that alone, but there's more. He dusted, vacuumed, took out the trash/recycling and cleaned the litter box the night before my Tupperware party. I was blown away! Imagine my surprise when I found that he had swept litter under the sheet that the litter box sits on instead of sweeping it up! Now, I started to get upset, but stopped myself and said, "What man would be so willing to clean house so that his wife can spend the evening before her party perusing the Tupperware catalog and making lemon bars?" MINE!
On a serious note, or perhaps you might find it not-so-serious, I had made quite an extensive list of character traits I wanted in a husband while I was in college. Keep in mind I was 19 and hadn't quite developed the maturity that this old 27 yr/11mo lady now has! Anyway, it included rubbish like "looks good in Wranglers" and "has blue eyes" and "likes cats". I shared this list with Justin after we were engaged and we had a good laugh about it. The humbling note here is that God knows our hearts and wants to see His children happy. So, besides Justin living his life for the Lord, being an honest and loving husband, and making me laugh, he also looks GREAT in Wranglers, has blue eyes and likes cats.
Now there's something to think about. Next time he's cleaning the litter box, you know I'll be checking out his Wrangler clad bum.

5 comments:

TreyJ said...

Ummm...bad mental image going on right now.

Jelaine said...

Yea! It's great to hear from you, Holly. Isn't it wonderful to have a husband that is so easy to brag about! :) Keep up the good work, Justin.

Viki said...

"Must know how to dance" was always one of the first things on my marriage checklist. You're all asking, "What, Trey dance?!?!" Yes. He's quite good. The liking cats and looking good in Wranglers are a great added bonus!

TreyJ said...

Ah, but I didn't know how BEFORE I met Mrs. J...

Scott said...

Andy I thought is was "I Like to kill small aninals?" or did you say th PG version?

Holly I'm glad you can brag on Justin so we dont have to! JK Justin.

You can clean out my cats litter once a week if you like too.