Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Comment Moderation 101

My wife and I greatly enjoyed our trip to Eureka Spring, Arkansas. We had limited WI-FI internet, so I decided one afternoon to fire it up and check out our blogs. I thought it would be nice to blog from somewhere other than Texas. It took ten minutes to load my blog, so I gave up on reading anyone else’s. I did look long enough to see no comments had been made on my previous blogs.

I got off the blog and thought to myself, how weird. Why doesn’t anyone want to comment on my blogs? Am I too boring with my philosophical baseball mumbo-jumbo? At least A3 could comment on Febreze, come on.

I get to work today and start looking through blogs. By sheer alphabet, Viki is last for the daily reading. I was startled to find JUSTIN!!! as the subject. Uh Oh. What did I do? Comment blocking thing? What?

So I researched and sure enough, people do like me. I mean

I’m good enough
I’m smart enough
and dog-gone people like me!

Now how in the heck did I get myself into this? Ah, I remember, it was the pop-up debate. Should comments pop-up or be on a new page. Pop-up won by my count, and I must agree. But you see I am a guy, and guys have to figure things out. What is this comment monitoring thing? I don’t know, let’s turn it on and see. Didn’t do anything I can tell.

And that, my friends is how I am got myself into this mess. So the odd thing is that Viki both got me into and out of this mess. Thanks Viki!

News on the home front soon!

8 comments:

TreyJ said...

Viki is laughing her butt off reading this! :-)

ArmandII said...

Yeah for freedom of speech! You have freed us all Justin!

Kilroy was here!

TreyJ said...

I was beginning to wonder if J10 turned into a commie or something...

Viki said...

I'm so glad we can all comment now. :-)

H Noble said...

or something...for sure.

Tom said...

BOY am I behind, just read about, job, now this. la la lala

Scott said...

????????

mrscoutmaster said...

Want some cheese with your whine. You sent me the link. I have responded on the blog sites of most of the poeple I know...And Trey is the only one to go to my blog. And at last look he hadn't linked to it.