Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Return

By Justin

This blog was started by me at the begging request of ‘The Boys’. Trey, Scott, Armand and Ethan (The Boys) all had blogs and we kept each other up to date on life through them. Well it seems that life has gotten in the way of their blogs. Slowly but surely each one has dropped off the face of the blog world and thus our friends links to the right.

So in a directly proportionally way, my blog became the family blog. The less I blogged on my random thoughts and escapades, the more Holly blogged on family happenings. Now “Holly’s Friends” (which I count many among my friends) far outnumber the number of “Justin’s Friends” as readers. So I am at a crossroads.

Should I return to the blog? Should I create a whole new blog? After thoughtful consideration I am returning to this blog. In the true nature of even our family makeup, I will bring the off the wall happenings, sometime thoughtful considerations, but more often than not the cynical view from my end of this world.

Some of you will like it. Some of you will see ‘by Justin’ and move on. But mostly I don’t care. Our Blog is meant to capture our life. My life includes the odd daily happenings, watching Eli grow up and even the random thoughts that travel through my head.

Some of you are Facebook friends with me. If so, watch out. The random status updates I post might just become all out blog post. Now that should be frightening.

I also think it is prudent (since many of you haven’t spent significant time around me) to explain my cynical head. Many many people think I am a pessimist. They think I see the whole world as bleak and unfortunate. The reality is I am not a pessimist, but I am neither an optimist. I classify myself as a realist. In the old ‘glass half empty, glass half full’ analogy, I really don’t care which it is. The reality it is neither. What I want you to understand is it is NEITHER. If you say it is half full, you are wrong. If you say the glass is half empty you are wrong. It is both. And my close friends will tell you that I will stand on the street corner and yell at you till you acknowledge that fact. (Thanks to Jenise for helping me put the analogy together, on our daytrip to New Orleans of all places!)

So as I close, prepare yourself. I have made my return.

6 comments:

aimee said...

I am glad Justin. I look forward to reading your posts.

Abbey said...

Yeah! Justin is coming back. Can't wait to read your inner thoughts.

Jenise said...

I still say you are a pessimist. But your reasoning would explain why the blog background is black and white.

Viki said...

I always enjoy reading your random stuff, so I'm very happy that you're returning. I'm sorry that my husband has been absent - I delisted him a while back. :-)

H Noble said...

I agree with you Jenise!!!

Jonathan said...

"...and all the people of the land rejoiced." (2 Kings 11:20)