Thursday, June 04, 2009

Pandora Radio

by Holly

I know I'm not 'up' on most modern things, including technology and basically anything happening in the world, so bear with me if you all already know about this. Pandora Radio! This is fantastic! Justin introduced me to it, where you enter your favorite artist and it builds your personal radio station around that artist and similar ones. You can give it a thumbs up or down, or flat out tell it never to play a song again.

Justin had made a station that he listens to at work at times, of course called Garth Brooks station. I just jumped onto his account, so I can listen to his station if I want, but I instead made 3 more stations myself. Just like the radio in my car, I can choose whichever one fits my mood at the time. Naturally, my first was George Strait station, to which I added Billy Currington, Don Williams and Johnny Cash. How can you go wrong with those? A most pleasant surprise with this one was when Pandora surprised me with a little Creedence Clearwater. That's right, CCR! Man, this is the best!

The next one is my Third Day station. I didn't add any artists to this b/c Pandora is doing a fine job all on its own providing me with variety here. And my third station is Sheryl Crow station. All I've added to her is Collective Soul so far. She's my newest one, just created today. I seem to be getting a lot of Michelle Branch and Natalie Merchant, but I guess they do have similar styles.

So, if you haven't tried Pandora out, give her a try. She's amazing!

3 comments:

TheLudlows said...

We use our iphones with it in the car for our own satellite radio! We love it, and I have George Strait too. I'll have to add Sheryl.

Viki said...

Trey turned me on to this several months ago - I love it, too! I've got my iPod docking station at work, but even though I've got a lot of my own music, it gets old. Pandora's always switching music in & out, too, so there's plenty of variety.

Sarah said...

i love pandora...so glad you discovered it!