Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Train Depot

Junior will be sleeping in his own personal train depot. Here is the bargain of a crib his Nana found for him. Hanging just over head, we will start in indoctrination early, as a Masked Rider teddy bear mobile will play "Strive for Honor, Evermore" over and over.
This is where PIP can expect many hours of stories and rocking. This happens to be a rocking chair and ottoman. Mom and Dad get the credit for this bargain find at the consignment sale, but Mrs. Amy gets the credit for giving us tickets for early entry into the event.
This is Georgie's grandma's bed. We decided to keep the old bed in the room temporarily to make it easy on those restless night to stick close, if need be. Holly gets all the credit here as she made the full denim quilt many years ago that makes this room, in my opinion.

Lastly we come back to the crib to show "Fuerte's" homemade quilt. His Crazy Grandma Kim made him a real homemade quilt. We both absolutely love the quilt and look forward to the day of telling him all the stories of how God made him so special for us just like this quilt was made special for him.

Now you may be asking yourself what is up with all the nicknames. Well since we are keeping the name secret, people have been giving our baby boy some interesting names. Holly's dad named him Junior by accident. People at my work refer to him as PIP, for no apparent reason. Holly's coworker changed names daily before settling on Georgie Porgie. Lastly after feeling his mighty kicks I often just use the spanish adjective for strong, fuerte. So until the big unveiling, name away, so long as it is endearing!

8 comments:

aimee said...

You have a whole list of names I gave the baby Holly. I hope you picked one of them. Ha! Ha!

TreyJ said...

I'm thinking Clyde...you know, after that fascinating camel...

Viki said...

When my friend Karen was pregnant she'd post weekly updates of how the baby was developing, which she got from some website. This site often compared the baby's size to a piece of fruit, and I got stuck on "the grape"...we all called Nicole "The Grape" until she was born. :-)

Could "PIP" be something like "person in planning"? THat's the only thing I can think of.

Glad things are going well - I love the nursery shots!

TheLudlows said...

I'm glad to see that Baby N has an appropriate mobile. A few friends here have the Revelie one. (YUCK!)
Love the room. Isn't it amazing how he already has so much stuff???
I agree the denim quilt does make the room!
Charissa

Anonymous said...

fun pics and I love the mobile...where did you get that? so, i think the next project should be to mount an elevated train track around the room...whaddya think?

H Noble said...

The elevated train track was put into the original design. I priced out the train and track I wanted. That coupled with the wood for the layout around the room was going to be $400. So we are saving our pennies and I promise he will have one as soon as he is old enough to even know what a train is!

Unknown said...

What a cute nursery. He is going to love it! That will be fun to get the train later because then he won't be so used to it being there that he doesn't notice it. It can be a daddy son project. You ought to look at ebay after Christmas when all the other parents want to sell the trains that Santa brought that are too hard for kids to do on their own!

Margo said...

I love the Masked Rider mobile! I'm excited for you guys! Can't wait to see the little buy!

Margo