Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Summer Fun

We have been hosting a summer BBQ series at our house each Wednesday night. Our first shindig, “Flip-Flop Pary”, was marked by good burgers and great company. Last week we our “Dog Days of Summer” hotdog party was busting the roof off the house. This week we welcome our in-town friends to a “Tiki Party”, complete with grilled chicken breasts and fixins. We are excited to merge our diverse set of friends into one place and let the good times roll. They are very informal, which is our style, and full of food and conversation. We will round out the summer series next week with a pot-luck style spread. Wish you were here!

Over the weekend Holly and I scooted off to San Angelo to attend one of Holly’s BFFs from High School wedding. As we sat through some Friday afternoon traffic, Holly and I realized that the six hour drive was the longest we had been in a car since we drove to the Texas panhandle for Christmas. Does anyone else think we are spoiled to free open airline seats?

We are also barreling towards some major milestones. On August 15 we find out if we are having a boy or a girl. We are pretty excited about that, but still nervous. We’ll keep you up to date. On August 18th my brother gets married in St. Maarten. I have never been to the Caribbean, Bahamas or anything like it, so I am excited.

Finally we need to welcome Jackson David Kolb to this side of the world. The bouncing baby boy of Seth and Kristen Kolb was born on Monday. We are super excited for the first time parents and anxious await meeting him someday soon, even if by webcam! For super cute new baby pictures follow the ‘Seth’s Blog’ link on the sidebar.

Make it a great week!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Holly...when do we get some baby bump pics??? I know you are a super cute prego lady.

sarah

TheLudlows said...

I want to come to the next party. How do we score an invite?

And yes you all are spoiled with the airline tickets. I'm super jealous!
;)
Charissa

aimee said...

What fun, having weekly parties.

I am excited for you to find out what you are having! That was always such a fun time.

H Noble said...

The pictures will be coming, when it is actually a bump and doesn't just look like I had my third bowl of ice cream (which is not that unheard of!).
The parties have been fun. Next Wednesday at 6:30- come one, come all! Its a potluck, so bring something yummy!
Holly

Viki said...

Third bowl of ice cream - you're a woman after my own heart...

I'm glad your parties are so much fun. We're thinking of hosting an Oktoberfest at our place, but it will depend on several factors, including whether or not we're home together enough during the end of September.

Will you be posting the gender of your child-to-be on your blog? We're all anxious, too. :-)

H Noble said...

The gender will be public knowledge, but not the name. We have to have some surprise, don't we? :)
H

Viki said...

If you keep the name a surprise then you won't get other people trying to tell you they've thought of a better one for your baby either. :-)

Anonymous said...

Holly -
Casey and I also decided to tell the gender & keep the name to ourselves. It has been funny to hear what everyone thinks will be the name. So far only one of my coworkers has been right - though she doesn't know it. The world will know next Friday!

Christy

aimee said...

Hey, new blog look! Very cool!

And I am so excited that you are having a baby! And so excited that Christy's baby is coming so soon!!!!

ArmandII said...

Dood, the party idea sounds awesome! I hope you don't mind if Jelaine and I steal it next summer when she is in Omaha.

We are making plans to be down there for new years just for you guys. We can't wait to meet the first of the Boyz' boys. That's right, you heard me...don't screw it up and have a girl. Just kidding....no really I am just kidding. The first of the boyz' girls would be wonderful too. You know that that little girl won't ever be able to go on a date without first getting the permission of the five of us

TreyJ said...

I just realized I've been a total turd and haven't responded to this one. Your BBQ parties sound like a good time - I wish we could do more of that, but we're hardly ever home!

I'm with A2 on the dating thing, so, uh, try to have a boy - it might be hard getting permission with us scattered all around the US!

Jonathan said...

cool new blog look (okay, i read your blog through a feed, so i rarely actually see the page...)

anyway, so sad that we have missed your parties...they sound like buckets 'o fun!