Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Our Crazy Life

by Holly

We are finally finished with the actual wood floor itself, but still lack transitions, so you have to be careful around the edges and in doorways. We actually went back to the flooring store with our measurements to order them, and found out that the manufacturer doesn't stain the type of transition we need with the color of stain we need. Why not? I do not know. We were advised to go to Home Depot or Lowe's, buy our own trim and stain it ourselves, and save some money as well. We'll see when we find the time to do all of that...

Which brings me to the fact that we are leaving on Friday morning at 7am for St. Maarten and will return late Monday evening. I'm going to make the most of it, although I'm not too excited about the trip and all of its family spider web-o'-drama. I'll leave it at that. On a positive note, it should be a nice, romantic getaway with my hubbie before our little one arrives on the scene in a few months. And it is supposed to be in the 80's with thunderstorms, so that beats this 105 degree heat all to pieces!

And if you ask Justin, he will roll his eyes and exaggerate at the list of other things we need to accomplish at home. I don't know if its true nesting or not, but I am motivated to clean, clean out, and organize! We have a few things for the nursery already, but can't put it together till we get the scrapbook and sewing stuff out of there, and we can't put that in the non-dining room until we get the dining furniture back to his aunt and uncle. What a maddening circle of projects!

We'll get there. I'm just ready for a break, to put my feet up and not think about the chores still waiting for me. Maybe I need a visit from my mom to help me cross off some things. Mom, where are you??

4 comments:

mrscoutmaster said...

Take it easy...Still plenty of time to get things done......Get packed for the trip....lol

Sarah said...

How fun that you get to go to St. Maarten! I am so glad you guys get to take a trip before little Justin or Holly arrives...I was just rereading some of your posts...you find out today what you are having!?! How exciting!

aimee said...

Today is the day, right? When you find out the sex of your baby? I am praying that things are all a-ok for you and the baby!!!

And have fun on your trip. You are right, it will be a while before the next one once little baby comes along. Not that you'll think about that. :)

TheLudlows said...

It's nesting! And it gives you something to do because you have a very real and clear end goal in mind. Nothing like a deadline to keep you motivated!
Hope you have fun on the trip. And can't wait to find out if baby's a Noble or a Nobelette!
Charissa