Monday, August 27, 2007

The Highlight of My Commute

You will have to wait till Justin gets home from San Francisco for wedding pictures, because he took our camera with him. In the meantime...

I saw the funniest thing in traffic today, and I thought it would be perfect to share with you since we waste so much time here complaining about traffic. I'm driving along on my way home and I come up beside a reallllllly old car. I don't know anything about cars, but its old, its a little boat-like and I think it used to be green. Or some version of it perhaps. The windows were down, and I was surprised to see a well-dressed man in a long sleeve button up shirt with a tie, clean shaven and quite respectable looking. Hmm.... you never know. Then I look beyond him to the sign he has posted on the rear driver's side window.

It states:

* No air conditioning
* No cruise control
* No car payment since the Nixon administration

Now, that is funny! I chuckled about it all the way home, and actually laughed out loud when I was a couple of streets from my exit and saw him again. It really was priceless. Good for him for not getting drawn into the materialism of our world. I hope he's doing something great with his paycheck!

3 comments:

aimee said...

Ha!

Did I ever tell you about the time we saw Scooby Doo's Mystery Van in Edmond? It was just driving along...The boys thought it was a hoot!

H Noble said...

Oh, that's great! I bet they did love it!
H

ArmandII said...

That is awesome Holly. Reminds me of the days when the boys would put signs up in the van windows on the way to a campout.

By the way, this comment is coming your way from Germany.

Kilroy was here!