Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Definition: Blog-stalker

By: Justin

A blog-stalker is one who reads the blog, pretends they don't, then uses the information gained to 'test' the blogger about their life.  It is a very immature thing to do, and very annoying.  The best part of blog-stalkers is if we know you are blog-stalking us, we are having just as much fun in the cat and mouse game as you are.

Really the final decision came down to Holly making a very wise comment.  Why does the majority of people have to be inconvenienced for the few we want to dodge?  It hit a nerve with me because that is my annoyance with laws and rules in general.  Somewhere we have decided to govern, teach and live by the lowest common denominator.  Majority rules, so long as the minority isn't 'damaged' in some way.  So in reality neither rules and utter chaos ensues.  Alas, my definition has turned political, imagine that.  

Anyway, for the few of you out there blog-stalking.  Go ahead, get mad.  I promise I am laughing.  Holly is probably grimacing, but I am laughing!  The rest of you can expect our blog to go on as normal.  That is Holly posting family stuff and my random tidbits and rants!

4 comments:

TheLudlows said...

"Somewhere we have decided to govern, teach and live by the lowest common denominator."
This irks me to no end too! Well said.

Dan Angermiller said...

We have our Blog password protected and have been glad that we did. With the fact that internet browsers are able to store passwords and google reader I believe is able to handle this as well it's a small hurdle for those that want to read. And for those that you don't need to have read your blog can't!


- Dan A

Sarah Jackson said...

I read your blog but don't always leave evidence of doing so. I will do my best to rectify that. :)

Robin said...

I just picked up your blog, from reading Jonathan's. I guess I tend to be the type of person that seems frustrating to y'all, but I don't comment because I never have much to say. I enjoy reading lots of people's blogs, but I don't think I use the info to "test" anyone (frankly, I'm not sure how that works.) I'm sorry that it seems you've been having trouble. Sounds like a password might be a good idea! :)

Anyway, I don't mean to be troublesome. I just wasn't sure what a blog-stalker was.