Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Christmas Decs, with a little help from Sarah

by Holly

I decided I wanted to decorate a little more natural and woodsy for Christmas this year, but wasn't sure how to go about it. We attended a housewarming party for our friends Paul and Sarah a few weeks before Christmas and they had leftover evergreen branches in their yard that they offered me. So, I helped myself, bought some berry garland at Michaels and went to work.

This is a sideways shot of the wreath I hung on our backdoor. I loved these berries, as some were crystal-covered like sugar or frost or whatever your fancy.

This is my bread bowl that I try to change out with the seasons. I used the scraps of the branches and old red Christmas balls for our kitchen table.

Here is the wreath I made for our front door, again sideways. I used berry garland and fake peppermint candy to make this whimsicle and kid friendly look.

This is our mantel, with the new addition of Jazzy's stocking on the right. Note the evergreen arrangement to the right of the picture. They are everywhere! The picture hanging is of the foggy city park in my hometown of Friona, taken by a local photographer there.

And last, my favorite arrangement. This was in the corner of our living room on the stereo speaker. Thankfully Eli understood that it was 'pretty' and left it alone. The green pitcher was a wedding gift and I love it!






2 comments:

aimee said...

Very nice Christmas decorations. I think you could have left them up til after Valentine's day cause of all the reds popped out.

Sarah said...

it looks so pretty!