Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Eli's 2nd Birthday

by Holly

We had such a fun time celebrating Eli's 2nd birthday, with family and friends and everything a party should have. The party did happen a few days early so Pops and Grandma could make the trip before Christmas, but Eli just enjoyed stretching out the celebration a little longer.

This one is Eli on his new tractor from Papa and Nana, which proved to be the favorite toy and source of tears on more than one child's part. How do you explain to toddlers that new toys still have to be shared even when its your birthday??
Precious little boys crowded around me as I helped Eli open his gifts. Left to right: Tyler, Jared, Eli, Kole and Jonas in the edge of the picture. Claire must have decided not to join in on the boy fun, as she was the only girl at the party.

Daddy and Eli blowing out the "2" candle! What a big boy!


I made the cake this year, a yummy white cake with buttercream frosting. The ground under the tracks was crushed graham crackers and the tracks themselves were licorice Twizzlers. I'll toot my own horn for my first decorated cake!


Besides the white cake, I also made German chocolate cupcakes with the same buttercream frosting. I ate so many of these I finally had to send the rest to work with Justin to get them out of the house. Mmmm!






5 comments:

TheLudlows said...

The cake looks Amazing!!
Happy B-day Eli!

Anonymous said...

How fun --- and the cake looks great!

Christy

aimee said...

The cake is so cute! Good job!

Viki said...

Yeah, awesome cake!

Anonymous said...

very cute cake!

Erin J.