Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Why I love Southwest Airlines, again

By JustinYesterday I left at 11:30 for an offsite lunch with my former manager. While headed out of the building I noticed a long extension cord running outside keeping the door ajar. My first thought (being an auditor) was a propped door, that is normally locked, is a security risk. Much to my delight, once outside the door I noticed a horde of people getting ready for a Team event.

Team events are very common at Southwest. I have had the pleasure of some great events. One of the main reason I love my job is the commitment to me personally and the commitment to the Team concept. We take care of each other, and in turn we take care of our passengers.

So I examined the horde and noticed a huge inflatable castle bounce house being inflated. Out front of the house a cart full of brownies was being devoured. Upon my return from lunch three guys were laughing like children as they bumped and rammed their way into each other. What a blessing to work here and know that spending a hour or so around lunch to goof off with your coworkers is not only allowed, but expected.

I can't wait till summer for the slip-n-slide!

3 comments:

H Noble said...

Ha! You didn't tell me about that! Ah, Southwest. If anyone is looking for a career change and wants great benefits- this is the place to go!

aimee said...

That sounds very funny. I think they tried doing that where Seth worked one time and a guy ended up breaking his arm-so no more fun for them. :)

Viki said...

That rocks. :-)