Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The End


So the time has come for an end. Five plus years ago Holly and I set out for the Big D. When we arrived I needed a new email address for our new internet service provider. Somehow I just came up with ‘Urban Adventure’.


It seemed to fit. We were newlyweds in a big new town. We had really set out on a real life urban adventure. Over the years I have used the term in many occasions and it seemed to fit when I started blogging as well.

Now things are changing again. Today we are both excited and scared to announce that our Urban Adventure is coming to an end. I (Justin) have accepted a position in the Audit Services department for the Texas Tech University System. Holly and I are packing up and headed west to Lubbock.

In many ways this really does feel like an end. We are closing a very exciting chapter of our lives. It is a chapter filled with great joys, great difficulties and amazing opportunities. In the few short weeks we must close our lives here in Dallas. We have friends to transition with, a church to leave, a house to pack and sell, and grandparents to move into the next phase of this life with.

So as time permits and as you will allow, I plan to effectively close this phase of our blogging and invite you to join us on our next adventure back in West Texas. I promise a title is forthcoming.

14 comments:

aimee said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations and Good luck and thank God, I thought you were just going to stop blogging! I am sure the grandparents are going to love this! :)

We'll be praying for a quick sell on the house and good vibes for moving.

lfhcreative said...

Congrats on the new job! And welcome back to good ole west Texas!

Amanda McNeely said...

aaahhhhhhh!!!!! I am more excited than you can imagine!!! I am so excited to see you guys and see that sweet little boy I can hardly stand it. I know your friends and church family are probably so sad to see you go, but the great thing is that the God we serve will never let us down.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job and surviving the tough decision making! I hope the next few weeks go smoothly as you made a million more decisions! I bet your families are just dying for you to get to Lubbock!

Mike, Sarah, and Will said...

COngrats! And, yes, welcome back to west Texas. Maybe we can plan a time to get together Holly....and all the boys. May God bless you.

JNoble said...

Well half of the grandparents are happy. My parents are local to DFW.

Justin

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are coming back to the LBK. We were soo happy to be back here after only one, not even one full year away!

Christy

TheLudlows said...

You now give us 3 more reasons to make a trek out to Lubbock. Keep us updated!
C

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope things go really smoothly with selling the house and all! If we can help move or pack or anything let us know! We have a really big trailer! I was just in Lubbock last weekend and boy how things have changed! (I'm sure you've been there since I had!) Good luck!
Di

Anonymous said...

good luck you guys! i will keep you in my prayers. i hope we can stay in touch. let us know when you are back up and running again.

Sarah said...

Congratulations! We look forward to living in the same town.

Viki said...

Congrats! We'll have to impose on you guys for a visit some time...I've never been to Lubbock. :-)

Jonathan said...

the humor in the posts..."why i love southwest airlines, again" followed immediately by "the end"... :)

how exciting!!

TreyJ said...

So I'm way slow on the uptake here, but congrats! I know this was a tough choice for you...