Saturday, January 03, 2009

Family in Town

I know, I know, a post without pictures. How dull. Honestly, I never knew how to post pictures till you started seeing an abundance of them on here and now I have a hard time posting without them. But, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and only took a few photos, of which weren't really blog appropriate b/c they were of my two nephews and my son playing in the bathtub together. I carefully avoided any potentially embarrassing views, but still they are not really shareable material.

My brother and sister-in-law and two nephews came into town to visit for the weekend and go to the Cotton Bowl. It was a sad and miserable game, but only Kelly, Teresa and Jared went and the rest of us enjoyed the beautiful afternoon at the park. We kept Tyler, the younger of the nephews and while he can be quite strong-headed, he was perfect for us and we had a wonderful time. Yesterday evening and most of today was spent in the living room taking turns playing Wii and relaxing.

Tried today for the second time in 3 days to eat at our new Chuy's in Plano but the wait made us look for an alternative yet again. We went to Abuelo's on Thursday and had absolutely no wait and immediate service. Went to Carabba's today and same thing. These three restaurants are within walking distance and while the service and quality are comparable it shows just how alluring a new restaurant can be. We have eaten at the new Chuy's once, actually on their opening day and happened in at about 10 till 5 and were seated immediately. No way that would have happened if people were aware they were finally open. Poor advertising I say. We were just driving by and thought it was worth a shot to see if they were open yet. Well worth the wait in my opinion, but both times we were on a deadline so we couldn't stay.

Alright, Happy New Year to you all and hope it started off with a bang of the good sort. I'm going to round my weekend off tomorrow by putting up my Christmas decorations. Sigh. Another wonderful Christmas season already over.

2 comments:

Viki said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. :-)

What's a Chuy's?

H Noble said...

Oh, Chuy's is wonderful Mexican food with an emphasis on green chilies. Divine!