Thursday, June 19, 2008

Catch This #1

I am starting a new irregular blog posting entitled "Catch This". My goal is to bring you interesting things that happen or are seen throughout my days.

In this first episode you need a little background. The City of Dallas is debating an ordinance that would require all non-breeders to have their pets spayed or neutered. The Dallas Morning News has a blog that tracks city hall happenings. The headline for the blog caught my attention and this is the story:

"King among all advocates of removing animals' genitalia is Bob Barker, venerable former host of the game show The Price is Right, who for years ended broadcasts with the sign-off: "Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered."

Now I love Price is Right, but the best part was the headline that read: "City to Install Plenko Board at City Hall".

Pure hilarity for my otherwise bland day.

4 comments:

TreyJ said...

You know, playing Plinko is a much better use of our tax dollars than writing stupid laws that tell you what to do with your pet.

H Noble said...

Trey! Justin was just lamenting less than 5 minutes ago that not a single person had commented on the Plenko post, NOT EVEN TREY!!!

Thanks for letting him know you do care and that you appreciate the humor in this as he does.
Holly

Viki said...

I think we all need to go post on the Plenko blog...

TreyJ said...

When it comes to stupid laws and abuse of tax dollars, I'm always good for a cynical comment - sometimes it just takes me a while! =)