Tuesday, May 01, 2007

And Now My Turn

by Holly

My hubbie has tagged me, so here we go…

1. I love my cat, Trigger, more than most people probably think you should love an animal. I like to kiss his head between his ears and scratch his armpits till his purr rattles the roof. I have to pick him up for a quick squeeze and kiss before I shower every night and he can jump in bed with us on weekend mornings if I’m changing the sheets that day (Justin’s more lax on this than I am!) And we’re learning to give him insulin injections for his diabetes since the supplements didn’t work, but its worth it for my baby!

2. I love anything orange scented and currently am loving the Bath and Body Works Mango-Mandarin shampoo and conditioner. Smells like an orange grove in our bathroom every night!

3. I have to go through the house each night and ‘pick up’ everything that’s not in its place. This is not the same as cleaning, but just to make things look neat and tidy. I’ve become a little more relaxed about it since marrying Justin, but he’s also had to learn that this is important to me and I’m not going to stop doing it.

4. I miss my family terribly and wish that I could go home to see them more often. This is complicated only by the fact that we have so many friends here in the Dallas area and are so involved in our church that we don’t have all that many free weekends. A nice problem to have though!

5. I don’t know what I would do without peanut butter or peanut butter flavored fudge or peanut butter cups or peanut butter ice cream….

6. My favorite place to eat is IHOP, any time of day, any day of the week. And any given night, if I can’t sleep, I try to persuade Justin to get up and go have pancakes with me. This has only worked on weekend-nights typically, as we get up at 5:30 to get ready for work each day and need our sleep!

7. My hero(ine) is my grandma, who I call Mom. She is a prayer warrior and has devoted her life to serving God and her family. She has had some difficult times in her life and has always chosen to be the source of strength for our family, trusting in God to carry us through. She will have many crowns in heaven, for her service to others and her selfless acts of kindness that come so naturally to her. I love you Mom!


I'm not going to tag anyone, b/c we have the same blog-world friends for the most part, but if Abbey and Charissa want to do it, I'd love to read yours! Aimee has done it already if you want to check out her list.

3 comments:

TheLudlows said...

Thanks for the tag Holly. I'll see what I can do.
I did enjoy your random facts. I too love the IHOP. Since I've been a stay at home mommy we make every Saturday "special breakfast" day. I guess I should have put that in my list!
Charissa

Viki said...

I'm glad Trigger is doing Ok. :-)

TreyJ said...

I understand going to great lengths for a kitty. We would do the same :)