Monday, March 20, 2006

Strippers and Stripers

Well my fishing for strippers didn't go so well. For that matter neither did my fishing for stripers. I did catch a few sand bass, but only one was a keeper. For the weekend, the whole family was short of catching fish. It seems they were on to us early on Friday and never really bought the whole eat the psychedelic colored fish with a hook story.

We had fun anyway. Holly and I greatly enjoy playing the fun uncle/aunt role. A three year old and a one year old will wear you out quick, that's for sure. Besides being all over the place they never seem to stop eating. Jared (the oldest) is always wanting 'toke' (Coke) or 'suse' (juice). Tyler (the youngest) sees any food in anyone's mouth he thinks it is time for him to eat as well. Besides all that, they are a fun bunch of kiddos to be around. If you don't want sleep, that is, which I desperately wanted.

I did take a nice long six hour nap on Saturday afternoon while my father and brother in law went fishing. It was a greatly needed catch up from a week of sleep deprivation. The women and children played a domino game called 'Chicken Foot'. It seems everyone had a good time.

Now it is back to the grind. Ten days with no work makes it hard to step back into that routine. The traffic this morning was gruling. It is days like this I wish I was back in Lubbock. Ok, so Scott and Laura win the traffic award every day, but I think I deserve a close second place on occasion. Ethan and I can trade it off.

Well that's the news from Justin and Holly's Urban Adventure today. I promise my 3am snake counseling story is forth coming... the anticipation builds.

4 comments:

ArmandII said...

"psychadelic colored fish with a hook," I love the way you put that so elloquently!

Jelaine and I love spending time with my niece and nephews too! Jelaine actually got to spend this last weekend with her family and our newest nephew: MarkR.

Talk to you guys later.

Kilroy was here!

Tom said...

Glad to hear you got some sleep and a fish, had to be a GREAT weekend.

"E" said...

Well I am sorry you didn't catch any striper and it is definitely a good thing you didn't catch any strippers, LOL.

As far a tour of DFW, any time you want I will give you the grand tour. However you might not want to be there during a Level Red situation, everyone is really mean, and you might have to answer a lot of questions. Also TSA loves giving cavity searches.

Viki said...

"Chicken Foot" sounds like "Puppy Ball," a game my 9 and 7 year old cousins made up. :-) The rules are, of course, very complicated, and change based on the number of participants, some of whom are people, and some of whom are puppies. Anyway...

Can't wait for the snake story...