Friday, March 24, 2006

Pay it forward?

I love kids. I hope to have some soon. What is amazing about kids is their ability to infect you with off the wall viruses that you never even knew they had, all while smiling and laughing. Such is the case with Holly and I this week.

We truly enjoyed our time with our nephews, Tyler and Jared. We laughed till we hurt and played till we were tired. Up comes the sun on Tuesday, two days after our fun weekend. Holly wakes up with a sore throat. That afternoon she is running a fever and not feeling well at all. I wake up on Wednesday with a sore throat and a headache. Wednesday afternoon I get a fever and my headache is greatly debiliating. I stayed home from work yesterday with so much pain and aching in my head and chest, you can't imagine. Holly toughed it out by nursing herself through with medicine and warm liquids. We are basically useless and doped up.

Who knew you could have so much fun and pay so dearly for it just a few days later? Oh well the truth be known, we would do it all over again just to see the kiddos.

3 comments:

TreyJ said...

Well at least when you're sick you have time to blog!

I enjoyed the story in your last post. In fact, I've enjoyed all of them. I'm just trying to figure out how your blog is an urban adventure when most of your posts have been pretty rural...

Just messin' with ya - that's what blogs are for!

Have a good one.

Viki said...

Nothing comes without a price, but at least you have some good drugs to dope you up - yes, you probably both feel miserable, but think of how much worse it would be without them... Hope you both feel better!

Tom said...

Well you have just,are experiencing the first lesson of
parenting " when one member of the family gets ill everyone else will
before it runs it's course". But we'd all do it again.Ask any parent, grandparent, aunt or uncle
or whatever.Enjoy it!