Monday, June 13, 2011

Driving 101

By Justin
I know you are a bad driver when any of the following occur:
- You accelerate from the stoplight, and your brake lights are still illuminated.
 
- You hit your brakes and come to a complete stop to enter the center left turn lane.
 
- Your two year old is bouncing on the back seat of your car. 
 
- You are on the inside of a two lane left turn and you aren't even smart enough to follow the 'idiot lines' helping you know which lane to go into.
 
- You drive a sports car but can't beat the school bus off the line at the red light.
 
- The time you require for a break in traffic to execute a turn can be calculated using an egg timer.
 
- You wait until you can see my car over the top of the hill to turn off your bright lights.
 
- You ride with your bright lights on even on a divided highway with on coming traffic.
 
- You see the big flashing arrow instructing you to merge and get mad when I don't let you.
 
All of these items and more cause me to deduct IQ points from you on a scale directly proportional to my annoyance at the moment.  Happy Defensive Driving All!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the sports car school bus one! Hilarious. angela

Anonymous said...

J - You should be a columnist instead of an auditor. I'm just sayin..I'd be a loyal reader! Did you have a bad day commuting the day of this post? I agree with the lane end/merge situation - nothing is as irritating. It's like alot of "life" situations. People get warning signs but don't always heed them! I wanted to say peace out...am I too old to say that? See ya - Aunt Cheryl