Friday, November 20, 2009

News Flash

By Justin

The major headlines of the day:

*The Rev. Jesse Jackson said Wednesday night that any black lawmaker who votes against President Obama's sweeping health care overhaul isn't really black, the Hill newspaper reported.
(Justin's Commentary: It is good to know that my race is now tied to how I vote. It is also distrubing that Mr. Jackson belives that the health care bill is created by the President. In fact legislators create bills and the President signs or vetos them. It is the basics of 'Checks and Balances' as outlined in School House Rocks. I will get you a copy. Everyone..I'm just a bill and I am sitting here on capital hill...)

Oprah Winfrey will announce on Friday's "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that she will end her talk show, said a spokesman for Winfrey's Harpo Productions.
(Justin's Commentary: I am wondering what the world will do on September 9, 2011. Will it simply stop spinning without Oprah on TV? I am also wondering how much crying and attention will be made of the most powerful woman in the world. Maybe she will finally get married, that'd be a good last show.)

and from the Lubbock Avalance-Journal, the lead headline...

The popular vampire movie "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" - opening on seven screens today in Lubbock - is on the fast track to making a high profit.
(Justin's Commentary: Guess I am sorry I am gonna miss this one. Maybe it is a good time to see another movie that no one else is interested in.)

3 comments:

H Noble said...

Wow honey. And I was about to post some pics of our cute little boy. Guess I'll wait.

So that's what New Moon is. I was sooo lost!

School House Rocks rocks!

aimee said...

You two. Not knowing what New Moon is, is totally cute. Hee Hee. Actually, Oprah will probably continue to live on her own cable network (called OWN) so no one should be too sad. I doubt she will ever go away.

And, I am so excited for New Moon. I totally love the books like a school girl would.

Speaking of school, School House Rocks needs to make a comeback apparently.

Viki said...

I like your cheeky commentary. :-)