Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A Few Things I'm Learning

by Holly

I don't often profess outright faith and Christian beliefs in our blog, but these are things I'm learning through recent events in my life and by attending the Festivals of Marriage conference this weekend in Glorieta, NM (which was fabulous and life-changing!).

1. If you aren't right with God, you don't have a chance at being right in human relationships.

2. God loves us too much to leave us where we are at. The trials in life are his efforts to make our character look more like his own.

3. If you find yourself being judgmental about a negative characteristic in someone else, its likely that you have the same characteristic.

4. Instead of being critical or complaining about someone else's behavior, take a moment and consider what your life would be like if that person weren't in it.

5. Don't underestimate the power of the following phrases: I'm sorry. I'm proud of you. I love you. I forgive you. Thank you.

Have a blessed day! I plan to!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

sweet & thanks for sharing!! It is encouraging to hear friends wrestle with truth and how it changes their lives, encouraging me to consider/change mine. #3 is quite convicting to me...I too tend to notice shortcomings in the life of others that I myself struggle with...phooey! :)